Wednesday, September 8, 2010

HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halloween is my favorite season and it is upon us again.  One of my top hobbies this time of the year is to handmake my costume and this year is no exception.  I am reluctantly taking a shortcut on a few items however what I lose in personal time spent on my own costume, I will more than makeup helping others make theirs and I LOVE it. 

I will be making several posts regarding costumes as Halloween approaches and will share photos as I progress.

Thus far, I have purchased a bustierre for the top of the costume as well as a cape.  I will be embellishing the heck out of both as well as making the skirt from scratch...well nearly from scratch.  About a year ago I purchased a petticoat from a thrift store for $2.00 of which I will remove the satin and leave all the tulle but die it black to go with my outfit.  I will be making ribbon roses by hand to adorn my skirt witch (hehe) matches the ribbon rosettes on my witches hat.

My friend Starla knows what I am saying when I say that HALLOWEEN IS THE MOST AWESOME TIME OF THE YEAR.

Can't wait to share more with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment