Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pillowcase into Skirt and...

I was given these 2 pillow shams with the desire for them to be upcycled into something new.


I began by disassembling them...


Each pillow shaw yielded 3 distinctive pieces as well as an additional strip that I will probably re-introduce next week.


With the fabric taken from the back of each pillow sham, I cut out the front and back of an a-line skirt.


I stitched the front and back together at the sides.


When it was done, I felt like it was missing something so I decided to add a little bit of lace trim around the bottom, just enough to peek out.


I stitched it on...


After adding elastic to the waistband (forgot to take a picture of that) it was all done.


Didn't it turn out so cute?  Any suggestions on what I could have done differently?  Pros or cons, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment