Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yet Another T-Shirt Makeover

I like to wear new clothes all the time, I love to wear things that are different, things not everyone has.  Which is why I love to make clothes.  Now because I am not without a budget that seems to get tighter daily, I sometimes need to resort to "upcycling" or remaking an existing item into a new item.  Enter the t-shirt makeover that everyone seems to be doing now but no 2 are the same!!!



I started with this plain t-shirt I bought from Banana Republic awhile ago but is still in excellent condition.  I was in luck because my husband was getting rid of one of his old t-shirts from the same store that was the same color so I was able to make a tone on tone remake this time.

I began by cutting strips from his t-shirt (avoiding the armpit area...gross) then began pinning them onto the shirt in random patterns.

And added!!

Then stitched them all in place.


And Stitched


All done...



What do you think?  Throw it on with some jeans and a sweater or jacket...so cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment