Monday, March 29, 2010

Mmmm...Smells Like Fashion Passion

Although I still love making hats, I have found that my passion has expanded into other areas of creativity to include jewelry making, sewing clothing and sharing in my sisters desire of making handbags not to mention my ongoing obsession with scrapbooking.  I have found that this new "Fashion Passion" has driven me so far as to look into going back to school for a degree in fashion design; an investment of 4 years and $70K.

If I have already graduated from college for a COMPLETELY different career, how long are my college credits good for?  Will they transfer from one state to another?

Granted, I am really not looking forward to spending my days, nights, weekends, holidays and vacations working but it is a small sacrifice and a means to an end.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can increase my sewing, pattern making, and draping skills in the meantime?  I have taken some sewing classes and found that they are completely worthless and took nothing away from them that I didn't already know.

If this life-altering mindset isn't enough, I find that while I sit at work I can only think about my projects at home and wish I had my hands on some fabric and a sewing machine.  Ah the trials of life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment